Your Health Information
How Health And Social Care Workers Can See Health Information About Your Care
Your GP, community services and the local hospitals share information about your care. They do this with an electronic system named the London Care Record. Your London Care record will have some important information about you.
Some examples of the important information in your London Care Record are:
your name, address and NHS number
- your appointments and visits to hospitals
- and what medicines you are taking
Who Can View My Information In The London Care Record?
- Only staff involved directly in your care can see this information about you
- Staff can only look at information that they need to know
- When you see your health or social care worker, they will be able to see your information automatically as long as there is a need for them to see it
- Even if you are too ill, they can still look at the record to make sure you have the best care. This is because it is in your ‘best interests’
- Sometimes we have to share information with other people because the law says we have to. This does not happen very often
What Is Good About The London Care Record?
- Health and social care workers can see what care you have already had
- This saves time as they will have the information they need to help you
- This is very important in an emergency
- It might mean the doctors will not keep asking you the same questions
Do I Have To Have My Information Shared In The London Care Record?
- If you do not want your information shared in the London Care Record you can email the Information Governance Team at Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust and they will be able to help you.
- If you do not want to share your information you can say no but this might mean we can’t care for you as well
- If you want to know more about the London Care Record you can talk to somebody on the telephone on 020 3192 6011
- Or you can find information on the Lewisham and Greenwich Trust website
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.