Covid-19: Infection Control
Hurley Group GP practices are adapting so our staff can continue to treat and care for our patients safely and efficiently while the coronavirus remains prevalent in the UK. In line with current national guidelines we have introduced various measures to ensure a high level of infection control standards are met whilst resuming clinical care for our patients.
As a clinical setting we have always maintained high standard of hygiene with a focus on clinical rooms and frequently used areas within the practice. We have further enhanced our cleaning protocols to ensure that all reception areas, waiting rooms, clinical rooms, and toilet areas are cleaned regularly in line with national Infection Control guidelines.
Social Distancing and PPE
We ensure that social distancing is maintained by:
- Regulating the number of patients within the practice with clear signage for patients to follow.
- The implementation of safe flows through our practices
- Spacing out chairs in waiting areas and clinical rooms so that they are at least 2 metres apart and where this is not possible, we have added screens to ensure physical separation.
- Asking our patients to attend on their own, when possible.
- Wearing face coverings or masks as appropriate with clinicians wearing the appropriate PPE.
- Requesting patients to wear face coverings at all times when at the surgery (unless they are exempt from doing so).
We have provided hand sanitiser for patient use throughout the practice. Patients are encouraged to use sanitisers as they enter and exit the practice.
Patients with Covid19 Symptoms
We have placed notices at all our entrances advising patients not to enter if they are exhibiting symptoms of Covid19. Alternative arrangements are available for such patients.
If, in the unlikely case, a patient is diagnosed with Covid19 whilst in the practice, we have allocated a specific isolation room and relevant Infection control protocols will be followed.
Pre-attendance advice for patients
- Arrive on time to avoid waiting
- No escorts where possible
- No extra bags/coats etc
- Use hand sanitiser on entry to practice
- Follow suggested patient flows within the practice
- Avoid touching surfaces and door handles
- Toilets may not be available for patient use
- Maintain social distancing throughout the practice
- Wear masks/face coverings where instructed to do so
Post-attendance advice for patients
- Exit as soon as your consultation is over
- Follow suggested patient flows
- Dispose of PPE safely in the yellow bins provided or take them home
- Use hand sanitiser before leaving the practice
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.